Chapter 5 Notes | Physics 1st Year
- What do you know about the circular motion?
- Define the term angular displacement. Also describe the relationship b/w radian and degrees.
- Derive the relationship b/w the angular velocity and linear velocity.
- Derive the relationship b/w the angular acceleration and linear acceleration.
- What do you know about centripetal force? Also derive its expression.
- What do you know about the moment of inertia for an object execution circular motion? Derive the relationship b.w moment of inertia and torque. Also derive the expression of moment of inertia for a rigid body.
- What do you know about the angular momentum for an object executing circular motion? Derive the relationship b/w moment of inertia and angular momentum. Also derive the expression of angular momentum for a rigid body.
- State and explain the law of conservation of angular momentum.
- What do you know about the rotational kinetic energy for an object executing circular motion?
- Derive the expression of velocity of a disc and a hoop at the bottom of an inclined plane.
- What do you know about satellite? Find out the expression for velocity and time period for a low flying satellite orbiting in an orbit.
- Distinguish among the real and apparent weight.
- Explain why an object, orbiting the earth, is said to be freely falling. Use your explanation to point out why objects appears weightless under certain circumstances.
- What will be the expression of orbital velocity for an object revolving in a circular orbit?
- Find out expression of frequency for production the artificial gravity in a satellite equal to that of earth.