Admission Policy/Criteria for Undergraduate BS (4-Year) Programmes
1. All genders having domicile of Punjab are eligible for admission.
2. The maximum age limit for the eligibility is 20 years on the closing date of the applications. However, the age may be relaxed up to 2 years by the Competent Authority. Furthermore for Evening Programme Age limit will be considered 24 years and 02 year age relaxation may be granted in a special case by the Competent Authority on the request of the student.
3. The candidates with at least 45% marks in FA/F.Sc./I.Com/ICS or equivalent examination are eligible to apply for all programs except BS (SE), Pharm-D, BSc Electrical (Telecommunication) Engineering whereat at least, 60% marks are required as per the requirement of the respective councils.
4. For BSc Engineering/ Electrical/ Mechanical /civil /chemical Telecommunication Technology programs, at least, 50% marks are required as per the requirement of the respective councils.
5. Admission will be granted strictly on merit i.e. on the basis of the marks obtained in FA/F.Sc./I.Com/ICS or equivalent examinations in 2018 and 2017 for morning programs only. However, candidates of the earlier sessions will be considered by deducting 10 marks for each year for evening programmes only.
6. Admission will be granted provisionally subject to verification of the certificates of the candidates from the relevant Secondary Board. Equivalence certificate is required from IBCC Islamabad/Lahore (where applicable).
7. Clearance of UET, Lahore Entry test is compulsory for B.Sc. Electrical Engineering (specialization in Telecommunication).
8. Entry test is compulsory for BSc Engineering/ Electrical/ Mechanical /civil /chemical Telecommunication Technology programs
9. Two seats shall be fixed for the candidates who have passed DAE in the respective discipline/specialization.
10. Besides the open merit, the candidates may apply against the reserved seats i.e. 2% seats for children of university employees (1% for teaching and 1% for non Teaching).
i. Only such candidates will be admitted on sports quota who have played at Board level.
ii. Admission on the reserved/quota seats will be completed by the specified committee (s) in accordance with the admission rules for reserved seats
11. The formula for merit calculation of B.Sc Electrical Engineering Programme i.e.
i. F.Sc 70% weight age and UET Test 30% weight age.
ii. DAE 70% weight age and UET Test 30% weight age
12. The formula for merit calculation of BSc Engineering/ Electrical/ Mechanical / Civil /Chemical Telecommunication Technology programmes i.e.
i. DAE 70% weightage and entry Test 30% weighting
13 Hafiz-e-Quran will be given 20 marks. A Hafiz-e-Quran candidate shall be evaluated by the committee.