The Higher Education Commission HEC announced the latest scholarship program for the year 2020. This scholarship named as Allama Muhammad Iqbal Scholarship. This scholarship is especially for Afghan nationals. The purpose of this scholarship is to help afghani students who cannot afford their tuition fee. They offer scholarships in almost 3000 various fields, including Medicine, Engineering, Agriculture, Management Sciences Social, and Computer Sciences, etc. They introduce this scholarship to keep their relationship strong between Pakistan and Afghanistan. However, they also try to increase people-to-people contact in both neighbouring countries. The scholarship covers living allowance, book allowance, hostel dues, university tuition, and return airfare.
This scholarship is merit-based, and 100 seats are for female candidates. Those who are belonging to poor regions/ areas of Afghanistan are highly encouraged to apply. Candidates having foreign qualifications must provide an equivalence certificate from IBCC/HEC.
- Only Afghan nationals can apply who have a strong academic background.
- To apply for an undergraduate program, candidates should have Intermediate degree holders. Those who want to get admission in M.phil should complete 16 years of education while to apply for the PhD degree; candidates should complete 18 years of education.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA or equivalent out of 4.0 required in BS/MS degree and 3.0 CGPA out of 4.0 required in MS/MPhil degree.
How to Apply
- Online application forms are available at http://pakafghan.hec.gov.pk/.
- Fill the application form carefully.
- The authority has a complete right to cancel and postpone the application without any reason.
The last date for submission of online applications is November 30, 2020.