HEC LAT Test 2021
The Higher Education Commission has announced the schedule for the Law Admission Test (LAT). The LAT is for those applicants who want to take admission in the five years degree of LLB. Thus, after intermediate, students can apply for the HEC LAT Test and take admission in the LLB from the recognized universities. However, according to the announced schedule, the HEC will conduct the LAT on 28 November 2021 (Tentative date). So, those students who want to apply for the HEC LAT 2021 can visit the HEC website to apply till 15 November 2021.
LAT Syllabus and Pattern
The candidates will prepare for the LAT test according to the following syllabus. However, to pass the LAT, applicants must secure at least 50 marks out of 100.
|Essay (English/Urdu) Maximum 200 word||15|
|Personal statement (English/Urdu) Maximum 200 word||10|
|MCQs: General Knowledge||20|
|MCQs: Islamic Studies||10|
|MCQs: Pak studies||10|
|MCQs: Urdu (Vocabulary)||10|
|MCQs: Maths (Basic math)||05|
Eligibility Criteria for LAT
- Candidates having HSSC or equivalent degree
- Result awaiting students of HSSC are also eligible for the LAT test
- Candidates have to pass the LAT test with 50% marks for the admissions in LLB
LAT Examination Center and Date
- HEC will conduct the LAT test in different cities. You can select the nearby city for the LAt test during the form submission from the given list in the application form.
- The LAT test will be on 28 November 2021 Tentatively. The commission will inform the candidates in case of any change of test date.
- A week before the test, registered candidates would download roll number slip through the HEC website.
- Candidates will also get an SMS/Email regarding the test venue and date with complete detail.
How to Apply for LAT
- To apply for the HEC LAT 2021, applicants will visit the HEC website ETC portal.
- Applicants have to complete the application in two steps. First complete MY profile Section, then Law Admission test section.
- You have to submit the Rs 1000/- as a processing fee for the LAt test in the HEC, HBL Branch Code 1742 online/ATM.
- Then, send the paid receipt to the HEC Office in Islamabad.
- Last date: 15 November 2021