The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) offers MEXT Research scholarships for the year 2021. Those international students who want to pursue master’s and doctoral degrees will have a chance to study in Japanese universities under the Japanese Government by following the general scholarship instructions. MEXT scholarship is available for almost all fields of studies including Medical, Engineering, Sciences, Arts, Computer science, and Business Administration. Every year, MEXT offers 9,500 Scholarships to international students including Pakistani students.
See Also: PEEF Scholarship 2021 for Inter and BS
MEXT Scholarship is one of the Largest Scholarship Programs offered by the Japanese Government. Not only this, but this scholarship also covers all the expenses during the scholarship period. Students can apply to any Japanese university in any program. MEXT Japan scholarships are open for all fields and universities. One of the amazing things about this scholarship is that IELTS/TOEFL is Not Mandatory for the MEXT Japan Scholarship.
MEXT Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:-
- To apply for the MEXT scholarship, students should follow the following terms and conditions before applying.
- Those who born in the year of or after April 2, 1987, can apply for this
- For MS/Ph.D. courses, applicants who have completed 16 years of education in countries other than Japan can apply.
- Applicants who are eligible for enrollment in a master’s course /doctoral course (first phase) at a Japanese graduate school.
- For a Ph.D. degree, an applicant should complete 18 years of education or gain a professional degree
- Applicants who have graduated from universities and have been involved in a research study at universities or – 2 – research centers (including overseas universities and research centers) for two years or more, and recognized as having academic competency equivalent to persons with a master’s degree by the graduate school
- Students receiving the preparatory education and non-regular students will award with 143,000 yen per month
- Regular students enrolled in master’s or professional degree courses will receive 144,000 yen per month
- Regular students enrolled in doctoral courses will receive 145,000 yen per month
The eligible candidates should submit the following documents before the last date
- Mark Sheet
- Application Form (1 original, 1 copy)
- Research Plan (1 original, 1 copy)
- Attested copies of all educational documents
- Recommendation Letter
- Health Certificate
Important Points to Remember:
- Submitted documents will not return.
- The application should be unstapled and printed on A4 size paper.
- Certificates & documents, other than those mentioned above, will not be considered.
- The interested candidates can apply online by visiting the MEXT official website
- The applicant received after the due date got rejected.
- The last date for submission of the application is 21 May 2021