On 3rd April 2021, the Government of Sindh issued a notification regarding the closure of educational institutes. According to the details, it is to inform that Sindh Education Minister Saeed Ghani decided to shut down schools from Grade ECE to Grade VIII till April 21. They forwarded this notification to all private and government sector educational institutes under the administrative control of the Schools Education and literacy department. The Sindh Education Minister chaired a meeting with its steering committee. As per details, the media said that few of the committee members opposed school closure.
Also, one of the representatives asked during the meeting why schools should be closed when markets are open. Saeed Ghani addressed the press release after the meeting. He confirmed that two different proposals to close or keep schools open had been discussed in the meeting.
He said he will present both proposals to the National Command and Operation Centre. Refusing media reports regarding a change in school timings for Ramadan, Ghani said there no discussion on such a topic.


