USAID handle different scholarship programs and support those students who cannot bear expenses of higher studies. The USAID got partnered with the HEC, which offers scholarships to financially disadvantaged students. The USAID offers a needs-based scholarship to talented students from the government of Pakistan to increase the rate of acceptance at different Pakistan institutions and universities.
About Merit and Need-Based Scholarship Program
The MNBSP offers 1807 scholarships awarded to agriculture and business students. Many graduates students from different cities participated in this scholarship program and almost half of the students now support their families financially through reputable jobs.
USAID also launched the 2nd phase of the education assistance program with a cost of approximately US$23.1 million in 2013. In the 3rd phase, 3000 scholarships further added, and more than half of the scholarship were reserved for the deserving female students. The USAID plays a vital role to emphasize women’s education.
USAID Education Policy
The USAID education policy started in November 2018. The primary purpose of USAID is to improve the education system in learning outcomes and development. The major priorities include.
- The youth and students have an opportunity to enhance measurable education that is safe and promotes social welfare.
- The new generation gains digital skills, which not only enhance their skills but also lead to productive lives, get the best job in the future, and serve his life positively to society.
To read more about USAID Education Policy, visit https://www.usaid.gov/education/policy.
Result and Progress
- The USAID education policy serves million of people/individuals since 2011. Different donors and companies partner support 109 million children and youth.
- USAID result progress from 2011 to 2017
- Approximately 725000 youth have got new career and employment opportunities.
- Over 6 million students living in financial crises and USAID give career paths to those students.
- 1 million students have dropped out of schools due to low financial storage and now have access to continuing education.
Read the complete description of USAID result and progress on https://www.usaid.gov/education/documents/usaid-education-strategy-progress-report-2011-2017
USAID in Pakistan
In the early days, Pakistan has faced many significant challenges regarding securities, but USAID tried again and again as its top priority. USAID takes strong action transparency and accountability. Working day and night to remove corruption and bring progress.
In Pakistan, USAID focuses on
- Overthrown energy shortage.
- Increase economic growth
- Increase stability
- Expanding educational opportunities
- The interested candidates must briefly describe their financial needs as per the criteria.
- Get a new admission in a different program offered by the university/institutions.
- Read the terms and conditions of the university for which you are applying.
- Female students are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply Online
- To apply, students can visit the scholarship program website https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/
- Online application forms are available at the respective University’s Financial Aid office.
- Attach the required documents with the application form and send it to the same financial aid office.
- Don’t submit application forms by hand.
The USAID scholarship program covers the following expenses
- Tuition fee
- Other academic-related costs
For more information, please call us at 051-90808052
You can get more knowledge details and updates regarding the USAID scholarship program from the FSc Online Website.