Punctuation Mistakes are considered a major kind of mistake in the English language that is known as Syntax Errors in writing the English language. To avoid punctuation mistakes of this kinda number of Punctuation Checker websites and correction tools have been made by the developers on the internet that correct Punctuation mistakes in English Language. Besides, as the modes of learning have changed through years, websites that are specifically designed to take lessons of punctuation are also available that first provide a comprehensive learning of punctuation and then take a test to check how much has been learned.
Here are some common punctuation mistakes in English language while writing:
- Extraneous Apostrophes
- Unnecessary Quotation
- Missing Commas
- Too Many Commas
- Excess Exclamation
- The use of Comma
- The use of It’s vs. Its
- The use of Hyphen vs. Dash
- The use of Semi-Colon vs. Colon
- The placement of Quotation Marks
- Words, Phrases, and Conjunctions
The use of punctuation marks is very important and crucial in English language writing. Punctuation Marks determine the feel, sense, and tone of the sentence. The incorrect use of punctuation marks can distort, twist or even will kill the meaning of the entire sentence.
Here are the 3 ways to correct Punctuation mistakes in Sentences:
- Use of Small and Simple Sentences: When writing, small and simple sentences must be used instead of long and complex sentences. As professionals, bloggers, freelancers, and editors write, they often use a long and complex sentence. The use of long and complex sentences signal that the writer is an expert at the use of English language but there are a few downsides to this. Complex sentences are long and include multiple phrases within them, complicating the structure of the sentence, making the use of punctuation more complex, which may lead to punctuation mistakes.
- Using Online Punctuation Learning Tools and Websites: Learn English Online is an online English Writing tool that can help people improve the punctuation. The website provides punctuation lessons on Apostrophes, Colons, Commas, Periods, Question Marks and Semi-Colons. After the completion of punctuation, lessons there are 2 punctuation tests that are supposed to be taken to ensure the effectiveness of learning. Moreover, there are more English writing lessons and tests available on Capital Letters, Concise Writings, Editing, Formal Writing, Parallel Structure, Run-On Sentences, Sentence Fragments, and Transitional Words.
- Using a Punctuation Checker Tool: There are a number of punctuation checker tools available online but it is a challenge to find the punctuation checker tool online. Students, teachers, professional writers, bloggers and editors to correct punctuation mistakes use these punctuation checkers. Punctuation Checker is an online website and tool that corrects the punctuation mistakes in a piece of writing. The punctuation checker can help to correct the punctuation mistakes online. Checker is free, easily accessible and available online and free of registration.