HEC Issues Timeline and Guideline
The Pakistan government has closed all educational institutions in Pakistan due to the novel coronavirus. The federal government has taken suggestions from HEC and other universities administration regarding the reopening of universities. According to the details, the HEC department has informed officially reopen universities and call all teaching and non-teaching staff members.
HEC schedule and timeline for Faculty and Students:-
Higher Education department (HEC) decided to reopen universities in several phases.
On July 15th, 2020, Only faculty members and students allowed to visit campus.
On August 17th, On August 3rd, In the second phase, the final year students and graduate students and students doing house jobs or other practical requirements will be called in university.
All students will call to attend class traditionally.
On September 14th, 2020, Orientation class of new students.
On September 15th,2020, All students, including old and new, called back on campus.
List of Safety SOPs:-
- Wearing masks and maintaining good hygiene and social distancing is mandatory.
- Regularly follow safety tips and latest updates on COVID-19
- Use biometric cards, when required.
Possible to Open All Universities Together:-
There is a lot of debate regarding the reopening of universities in this pandemic situation. All the Vice-Chancellor will make their own decision. The below-mentioned factors are relevant to the decision.
- The medical services and other essentials must be available in the university.
- As university cannot save itself ultimately, so the nearby shops, vendors, transport systems, local staff, and regular interactions may spread the virus in the university.
- The VC will decide how many students can be accommodated.
For more information, keep visiting FSc Online site.