HEC has announced the dates for the registration process of the Law GAT Test. The willing candidates are required to register themselves for the upcoming Law GAT Test.
Law GAT stands for Graduate Assessment Test. This test is compulsory to pass to seek enrollment as an Advocate with Bar Council. This test is conducted by the Higher Education Commission (HEC). HEC conducts this test thrice in a year.
The objective of Law GAT:
The objective of conducting this test is to ensure that a law graduate who wishes to join the legal profession is adequately scrutinized and assessed so that only qualified law graduates with the requisite basic knowledge of Law will enter the legal profession to practice law.
Therefore, a law graduate will only be eligible to apply as an Advocate to Bar Council if he/she passes the Law GAT test conducted by HEC.
- Persons having passed Bachelor’s degree in Law from a university recognized by HEC and PBC are eligible to apply.
- As per recommendations of PBC, those candidates who appear in Law-GAT Test held on September 15, 2019, but could not qualify by securing requisite 50% marks are eligible to apply and appear in the Special Law-GAT Test, irrespective of the number of chances they have earlier availed.
- 50% score is required to pass the LAW Graduate Assessment Test (GAT).
- Applicants will have to meet other criteria, if any, as per Rules and Regulations of PBC.
- Applicants will have a maximum of three chances to clear the Law-GAT test.
- The test will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- There will be no written/subjective part of the test.
- The test will be conducted on Sunday, December 8, 2019. If there will be any change in the test date, the candidates will be informed through http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- Applicants who have registered through HEC online registration process will download their Roll Number Slip through http://etc.hec.gov.pk a week before the test date.
- Email/SMS will be sent to registered applicants regarding the test date, time, and venue.
- Candidates are required to provide a valid email/mobile number while filling the online application form.
- A print of Roll Number Slip and original CNIC will be required to enter Test Center.
Last Date for Online Registration:
Monday, November 25, 2019
The test will be conducted in the following centers:
In the application form, the applicants may select any test center from the list available.
The test will only be held on any of the above Centers if the minimum of 100 applicants will select that center.
Test canter once selected will not be changed after registration.
How to Register:
- For online registration visit the link http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- In case of any difficulty during online registration, send your email at [email protected] or visit HEC Secretariat or HEC Regional Centers for guidance.
- Application submission consists of two steps:
- Profile completion using “My Profile” section,
- And application submission using the “Law GAT Test” link or menu panel in the left-hand sidebar of the online portal.
- Online SUBMITTED applications will be considered for LAW-GAT Test and applications in SAVE or INCOMPLETE mode will not be entertained.
- The test fee for Rs. 3000/- is to be deposited online/ATM. The Account details are given in the attachment below.
- Applicants are required to submit original fee deposit slips/ATM/online transfer on the address mentioned in the attachment below.
- The examination fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
The applicants are advised to keep visiting FSc Online for the announcements of the result of Law-GAT. Also, share this post with your friends who are LLB Graduates so that they can register themselves for the test before the deadline.
Related: HEC Law GAT Test Result
Related: LLB LAT Test 2020