The Higher education Commission has recently announced the Joint Scientific Exchange Program (JESP) between Pakistan and China. Thus, in the JESP, the Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) participate. Thus, the participating organizations in JESP invite the HEC Chartered universities, Research Centers, and Institutes to submit their research proposals. Thus, the interested scientists can submit their proposals to the eligible areas till the last date. However, the last date for submitting research proposals for the JESP is 16 June 2022.
JESP Priority Areas for Research Proposals
The Scientists can submit the research proposal for the Joint Scientific Exchange Program (JESP) 2022 in the following areas. The mentioned priority areas are aligned with the national strategies of both countries.
- Computer science: Internet of Things (IoT), Blockchain, Biometrics, Big data and Virtual reality (VR)/Augmented reality (AR), Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Information and communication (including 5G)
- Mechanical design and manufacturing (including Robotics, 3D printing, and Drones)
- Macro Governance and Policy
- Climate Change and Mitigation
- Water, Food, and Ecosystem Security
Instructions for the Proposal Submission
- Both Pakistani and Chinese scientists will come to an agreement with each other by using their communication means.
- The collaborator/partners should necessarily be identified in each submitted joint proposal.
- Applicants have duly filled the prescribed Performa and submitted it by the Chinese scientists to NSFC and Pakistani Scientists to PSF.
- Proposals submitted by one side will proceed further.
How to Apply for the JESP 2022
- The Pakistani Scientists will visit the PSF website and apply for the JESP research proposal 2022. (www.psf.gov.pk)
- Last date: 16 June 2022