Raised the Wages of Labour Minimum to RS 20,000/-
Here is good news for the laborers and workers that the Punjab Government has increased their minimum wages to Rs 20,000/-. The Chief Minister Punjab Usman Buzdar announced on 01 May 2021 on Labour day regarding the increment of wages. He stated that labourers welfare is the government priority.
However, he also added that the Government has increased the minimum wages of workers by 5,000 /- in ;last three years. He also compared it with the previous government and said that the previous government increased it only Rs 3000/- in the duration of five years.
Other than this, the Punjab Chief Minister also talked about some other initiatives that the government took for the labourers. Such as:
- 1296 flats for workers in the labour colony of Lahore, Multan and Nakanasahib
- Increased Marriage grant from Rs 100,000 to 200,000/-
- Death grant from Rs 500,000 to 600,000/-
- Transparent online system for the education of workers’ children
- Free medical services at social Security Hospitals
- Other than free education of children under the Punjab worker Welfare Fund, the government also granted Rs 7.25 Billion talent scholarship, marriage and death grants.