Chapter 14 Notes | Chemistry 2nd Year
- The polymer chains may be linear branched or cross-linked.
- A thermoplastic polymer is the one which can be softened and hardened by heatin and cooling respectively.
- A themosetting polymer s one which becomes permanently hard on heating.
- The polymerization polymer process involves addition and condensation reactions.
- The fotmation of polyethene is an example of addition polymerization.
- Nylon, a polyamide and terylene, a polyster, are example of condensation polymers.
- Carbohydrates, proteins,fats and nuclei acids are natural macromolecules.
- Carbohydrates are the most abundant biomolecules on earth. They are classified into monosaccharides, oligosaccharieds and polysaccharieds.
- Proteins are the essintial components of all living odranisms. Tje are the polymersof amino acids.
- Lipids are naturally occuring compounds of animal and plant origin and they are soluble in organic solvents. Fats and oils are the most importanct lipis found in nature.
- Enzymes are proteins that catalyze chemical reactions in living organisms. They are very specific in their action.
See Also: Chemistry 2nd Year Paper Scheme 2021
See Also: FSc 2nd Year Smart Syllabus
See Also: 2nd Year Chemistry Guess Papers 2021