Chapter 6 Notes | Chemistry 2nd Year
- Transition element have partially filled d or f-subshells in atomic state or in any of their commonly occurring oxidation states.
- IIB and IIIB group elements are called non-typical transition elements.
- Binding energies, melting points, paramagnetic and oxidation states of transition metals increase with increasing number of unpaired electrons.
- Such compounds containing the complex molecules or complex ions and capable of independent existence are called coordination compounds or complex compounds.
- When a complex ion absorbs a wavelength from visible light, it transmits a set of radiation that impart color.
- Wrought iron contains 0.12%-0.25% carbon, while steel contains 0.25%-2.25% carbon.
- Chromate and dichromate ion exist in equilibrium in an aqueous solution.
- Chemical decay of metals under the action of their surrounding medium is called corrosion. It can be prevented by tim plating and galvanizing.
See Also: FSc 2nd Year Smart Syllabus
See Also: Chemistry 2nd Year Paper Scheme 2021
See Also: 2nd Year Chemistry Guess Papers 2021